- The best service experience for clients and employees
- Trusted content and expertise
- Partnerships across healthcare and insurance
- Technology to drive simplicity
- The data to create meaningful insights
|1977:||Dr. Presley Reed founds Reed Group as a research organization focused on helping people return to work|
|1982 – ’90:||research conducted to collect initial data for The Medical Disability Advisor|
|1991:||Dr. Reed authored The Medical Disability Advisor, (now known as MDGuidelines), a series of floppy disks that were the company’s first software product|
|1993:||Federal FMLA enacted; case management services begin|
|2004:||MDA Absence Manager is introduced|
|2005:||Headquarters expand and relocate to Colorado|
|2008:||Audax purchases ReedGroup|
|2013:||Guardian purchases ReedGroup
ACOEM Practice Guidelines acquired, providing greater enhancement of MDGuideline
|2015:||HQ expands to new building, winning an award for its interior design|
|2016:||Aon Absence Management Administration Business is acquired
David Roberts is ReedGroup’s Chief Executive Officer. Prior to this role, he served as ReedGroup’s Chief Operating Officer and President of ReedGroup’s LeavePro™ software business. David is committed to driving innovation in ReedGroup’s absence management offerings and excellence in its customer service. He brings 20 years of enterprise business and software experience in large private and public sector organizations. Prior to ReedGroup, David was a top advisor to Mayor John Hickenlooper (now Governor of Colorado) as the Chief Services Officer for Denver and was a senior Partner with Accenture (formerly Andersen Consulting), where he ran consulting practices and Fortune 500 client engagements for 17 years. He has a BA from Dartmouth College.
Kevin Curry is always thinking ahead. As our National Practice Leader, he is responsible for setting and facilitating Reed Group’s absence and disability business, with focus on technology, content and services. Kevin’s 15+ years of Integrated Absence management and consulting experience brought him to Reed Group ready to move the dial. In his prior position as an established senior absence management consultant in Mercer’s Total Health Management practice, Kevin helped numerous employers achieve cost reduction and productivity improvements in FMLA, disability, and broader employee absence management activities. Known for his strength in driving outcomes, he is a respected industry expert who frequently speaks at conferences, addressing Integrated Absence and Health & Productivity. He has also held various leadership positions at CORE Inc.
As ReedGroup’s Chief Technology Officer, Paul Farnsworth brings innovative perspectives to our software and security operations. A principled visionary who is the inventor of 28 patent-pending applications, he ensures that our tech is the best solution for our customers’ needs. In his prior role as SVP of Information Technology at Level 3, he was responsible for major initiatives including the Global Crossing IT integration and enterprise-wide deployment of agile SDLC models. Paul’s experience leading technology strategy ranges from start-ups to large corporations, including British Telecom, where he led development and operations for bt.com, btWholesale.com, and Global Services. His professional experience also includes the roles of Vice President of IT for Qwest, and CIO for the Qwest Product Management division.
Over 25 years of experience in corporate finance, governance and policy, operations and strategic planning, as well as mergers, acquisitions and business integration, in large public organizations and smaller, private enterprises, have furnished Pat with his unique perspective on finance. As ReedGroup’s Chief Financial Officer, he is focused on maintaining business health, and responsible for all financial functions – accounting, reporting and controls, and forecasting. When Pat joined us at ReedGroup, he brought his positive energy and enlightened perspective garnered through previous positions as CFO for FOCUS (Fellowship of Catholic University Students), a non-profit collegiate outreach mission operating on 73 campuses in the U.S., CFO at Knowledge Learning Corporation, an early childhood education organization with offices in the U.S., U.K., and Singapore, and as COO at StarTek, a multi-national, publically traded business process outsourcer with contact centers in the U.S., Canada, and the Philippines. Both his BS and MBA were earned at the University of Central Florida.
Joe Guerriero is the Senior Vice President of Reed Group’s MDGuidelines™ division, and the renegade among us. His intuition with data in the medical arena is drawn from over 20 years of experience in publishing and health care, as well as expertise in marketing, advertising and digital strategy. Joe has held leadership roles at Success Media, Billboard, and Healthleaders, Inc., where he launched Health Leaders magazine. Immediately prior to ReedGroup, he served as Vice President/Group Publisher at Eagle Publishing, where he ran the company’s $25M political media group, including the nationally known RedState.com. Joe is a graduate of Manhattanville College and has studied integrated sales and brand marketing at Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism.
As SVP of ReedGroup’s Service Operations, Nancy Botiller is at the heart of our mission to deliver outstanding levels of end-to-end customer service. Bringing people back to health and back to work has been her consistent focus since she began her career as a licensed practitioner of Physical Therapy. From there she moved to Kaiser Permanente, where she held several roles over 19 years, including leading the organization’s National Claims Services as the Executive Director. She then moved to Nurse-Family Partnership, an evidence-based nurse home visiting program for low-income families, serving as their Chief Operating Officer. Most recently, she held the position of Executive Vice President of Operations at the non-profit health plan provider, Colorado Access. Nancy earned her MBA from the University of Colorado Denver, and her MS in Physical Therapy from Columbia University, after receiving her BS from University of California, Davis.
As Senior Vice President and leader of ReedGroup’s Canadian Absence Business, Tom Gergely plays a key role in understanding client needs and providing solutions. His broad base of absence consulting and administration knowledge, specifically in the areas of workers’ compensation and disability risk management, make him an innovative leader in our business development. Strategy, operations, innovation, business development and client management all fall within his realm of responsibility. Having developed industry-leading analytical tools necessary in the identification of casual costing factors and appropriate risk management strategies, Tom has led the creation of innovative approaches relating to organizational health management and integrated program design. He brings a fresh perspective on branding and marketing to the healthcare arena. His degree in business and economics is from the University of Western Ontario, and he serves as Chairman of the Board for London Health Sciences Centre, one of Canada’s largest hospital groups.
ReedGroup’s Account Management and ReedInsights Analytics teams have a great leader in Harry. As our Vice President of Client Services, he is committed to upholding the highest standards in customer service. Harry drives to what his team and his clients need to achieve success. His understanding of product and software development make him adept at initiating cross-organizational partnerships, while his relationship management expertise perfectly complements his strong knowledge of products and operations. Harry joined ReedGroup following six years leading Technology Service Delivery for Western Union’s North and South American regions. He has also served in senior roles as VP of Operations for ChannelInsight and various leadership positions with consulting firms including Keane and DCSS. His BS degree in Computer Science comes from Louisiana State University.
Twelve years of experience with our organization has given Heather Rollins a deep understanding of the ReedGroup environment. As the strategic manager of all areas of Human Resources, she is a key player in the shaping of our organization. Legal compliance, staffing, performance management and compensation design all fall within her purview. Heather held several operations positions at Reed Group prior to being promoted to Director of Human Resources in 2008, and Vice President in 2010. Her efforts to cultivate the value in productivity reflect our vision for the company. Heather’s experience in training and human resources began prior to ReedGroup, when she worked for a major defense contractor. Her BA degree came from Northern Arizona University, and she holds a dual MA in Human Resources and Management from Webster University.
Stephanie Pence joined ReedGroup’s Executive Team in July of 2015, and is shaking up the strategy of our product and services marketing. As a 30+ year veteran marketer with leadership roles in marketing and advertising on both the client and agency sides, Stephanie knows the value of building trust through expertise. Clients including Michelin, Hershey, Dish Network, Qwest (now CenturyLink), University of Denver, Sorin Group, Red Robin and Xcel Energy fill her industry-spanning portfolio. Stephanie’s fresh perspective is energizing the absence management industry. She is a graduate of Harvard University.
State of California Moves to Adopt ReedGroup’s MDGuidelines Drug Formulary
- California’s Department of Industrial Relations’ Division of Workers’ Compensation (DIR/DWC) moves to implement a workers’ compensation drug formulary by July 2017. The formulary, which provides evidence-based content by the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM), is published by ReedGroup’s MDGuidelines. DWC will also update its medical guidelines to align with the formulary, which is most effective when used in conjunction with evidence-based treatment guidelines. This will provide California residents with better care, while reducing delays in their treatment and decrease the overall administrative burden. Click here to read our press release or click here to read California’s press release.
- ReedGroup Launches Intelligent Clinical Decision Support Solution for Health Systems (May 2016)
- State of Nevada Adopts MDGuidelines Formulary; Groundbreaking Worker’s Compensation Formulary Built on the Foundation of the ACOEM Practice Guidelines (March 2016)
- ReedGroup Acquires Aon Hewitt’s Absence Management Administration Business (Jan 2016)
- MDGuidelines Launches D.A.R.T., a Recommendation Tool Based on ACOEM Practice Guidelines (Nov 2015)
- ReedGroup to Launch Drug Formulary Based on ACOEM Practice Guidelines (Oct 2015)
- ReedGroup Simplifies the Complexity of ICD-10-CM Transition (Oct 2015)
- ReedGroup Announces KMG Health Partners as New distributor in Canada (Aug 2015)
- Optimizing Workplace Productivity: ReedGroup Launches MDGuidelines® – Newly Integrated with ACOEM Treatment & Practice Guidelines (Aug 2015)
- Engagement and Empowerment through Self Service
- Evidence-based treatment drives benchmarking for continuous outcomes improvement (May 2016)
- Elevating the patient conversation with intelligent clinical decision support (May 2016)
- Maximizing financial performance with intelligent clinical decision support (April 2016)
- Advancing value-based goals with intelligent clinical decision support (April 2016)
- Making An Impact: How Evidence-Based Guidelines Drive Value-Based Success (Mar 2016)
- Improving outcomes with evidence-based guidelines at the point-of-care (Feb 2016)
- Westminster’s Reed Group Acquires Division of Aon Hewitt (Jan 2016)